- Ultra Durable Fluoropolymer Powder Coating
- Alumi Shield™ warranty: 35 Year Aluminium Durability warranty and 30 Year Aluminium Colour warranty
- Steel Shield™ warranty: Up to 10 Year Steel Corrosion warranty and 30 Year Steel Colour warranty
- Range of subtle and neutral colours
- Formulated to meet AS 3715 and AAMA 2605.
- Guaranteed performance on appropriately pre-treated aluminium – see warranty* details
- Superior colour retention
- Ultra durable hardwearing finish
- *Only Dulux Accredited Powder Coaters or Dulux Prime Accredited Powder Coaters are able to issue our Dulux Alumi Shield™ and Steel Shield™ warranties after demonstrating their capability to meet stringent quality conditions and international standards.
Product code: 964
Fluoroset® FP is a range of Fluoropolymer powder coatings designed specifically for architectural applications where colour and gloss retention are critical for prestigious architectural projects. Fluoroset® FP is formulated with advanced Fluoropolymer (Lumiflon®) resin technology and utilising high performance pigments to conform with the performance requirements of AAMA2605. Fluoroset® FP will give increased gloss and colour retention over high durability polyesters and matches Fluoropolymer liquid systems whilst deriving increased mar resistance by virtue of its thermosetting chemistry. Fluoroset® has been developed for use in situations where class leading colour retention is desired.
Ideal surfaces for warranty grade applications on:
- Architectural aluminium including perforated aluminium
- Mild steel, bright/semi bright steel, black steel and blue steel with an approved powder coating primer system
Fluoroset can also be used on the following metals but is not warrantable:
- Galvanised steel, stainless steel and Zincalume®
- Powder Coating
- Fluoroset Powdercoat Range
- Interior or Exterior
- Interior and exterior use
- How to Apply
- Add to water based paints to ease application. Ensure material is fully incorporated before application. Recommended addtion levels arebetween 50 - 100mL per litre.
- AAMA 2605-98 (10 years),Gloss retention >50%.
- Heat Resistance
- Excellent resistance to 90°C continuous service conditions.
- Abrasion Resistance
- Pass abrasion co-efficient >40
- Acid Resistance
- Muriatic Acid - unaffected Nitric Acid - Pass ?E
- Alkaline Resistance
- Resistant to spills of dilute alkali. Avoid contact.
- Salt Resistance
- Excellent salt spray resistance over pretreated aluminium. Pass 4000 hrs
- Metal Temperature
210° : >20 mins 200° : >25 mins 195° : >30 mins
How to Specify Example Aluminium Specification Dulux Fluoroset® FP Electric Cow 964-96881 to meet AAMA 2605. Product must be applied by a Dulux Registered Aluminium Applicator and may offer a 30 year durability warranty.
- Clean Up
- Thoroughly wash brushes in water before re-using
- Warranty Information
Dulux Alumi Shield™ warranty performance on aluminium:
- 35 Year Aluminium Durability warranty
- 30 Year Aluminium Colour warranty
On pre-treated architectural aluminium when applied by a Dulux Accredited Powder Coater or Dulux Prime Accredited Powder Coater to the warranty specification on recommended project types and conditions.
Dulux Steel Shield™ warranty performance on steel:
- Up to 10 Year Steel Corrosion warranty
- 30 Year Steel Colour warranty
On mild steel, bright/semi bright steel, black steel and blue steel as part of the Steel Shield™ warranty when applied by a Dulux Accredited Powder Coater or Dulux Prime Accredited Powder Coater to the warranty specification on recommended project types and conditions.