- Creates an ultra matt or distressed look
- Achieve a variety of looks by combining colours, sanding, or clear top coat
- Ideal for upcycling furniture
- 10 standard colours available
Product code: 690D0109
Surface must be clear, dry and free from dust, oils and grease. Unpainted surfaces: Apply 1 coat of Dulux 1 Step Prep following directions on pack.
- Up to 16m2
- Apply to any paintable surface, including suitably prepared plasterboard, plaster, wood or metal., Chalk Effect is suitable for walls, trims, furniture or home accessories., Not suitable for high traffic table tops or surfaces.
- Dulux Design Effects
- Wall, Furniture, Desk, Cabinet
- Dulux Design Effects Range
- Furniture, Walls, Dining room, Bedroom, Hallway
- Interior or Exterior
- Application Method
- Stir well with a broad flat paddle using an up and down scooping action. Apply two coats of Design Chalk Effect using a good quality brush to cut in and a short nap roller in good condition for rolling. Allow a minimum of 2 hours dry time between coats. Allow the final coat to dry and cure for 7 days before sanding.
- Clean Up Type
- How to Prepare
- Surface must be clear, dry and free from dust, oils and grease. Unpainted surfaces: Apply 1 coat of Dulux 1 Step Prep following directions on pack.
- How to Apply
- Stir well with a broad flat paddle using an up and down scooping action. Apply two coats of Dulux Design Chalk Effect using a good quality brush to cut in and a short nap roller in good condition for rolling. Allow a minimum of 2 hours dry time between coats. Allow the final coat to dry and cure for at least 7 days before use. Chalk effect can be left in the current ultra matt appearance or further sanded to create a vintage distressed look. One colour distressing: To distress, use a fine-medium grit sand paper(P240-P180) and lightly sand in one direction. Other grit papers can be used to achieve the desired finish. For an authentic distressed look, sand areas of the surface where wear is most likely to naturally occur. Two colour distressing: Choose your choice of Dulux Design Effects Chalk colours. Apply two even coats of the first colour. Apply one coat of the second colour. Wait 2 hours before sanding or distressing. For greater protection ion furniture or home accessories follow with Dulux Design Effects Clear Top Coat. Please note: Clear Top Coat may further increase the gloss lightly and darken the effect colour slightly.
- Where to Use
- Apply to any paintable surface, including suitably prepared plasterboard, plaster, wood or metal. Chalk Effect is suitable for walls, trims, furniture or home accessories. Not suitable for high traffic table tops or surfaces.
- Storage and Disposal
- Unused paint: Do not pour leftover paint down the drain. Unwanted paint should be brushed out on newspaper and allowed to dry, and then disposed of via domestic waste collections. Empty paint containers: Should be left open in a well ventilated area to dry out. When dry, recycle the container via steel can recycling programs. Disposal of empty paint containers via domestic recycling programs may differ between local authorities. Check with your local council first. For more information on responsible disposal of paint and packaging visit paintback.com.au
- Clean Up
- Safety Directions
- Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin and eyes or breathing vapour and spray mist (dust). Wear waterproof gloves and safety glasses. Use only in well ventilated areas. Wash hands after use.
- First Aid
- If poisoning occurs, contact a Doctor or Poisons Information Centre (Phone Australia 131 126; New Zealand 0800 764 766). If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. SWALLOWED: If swallowed, rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Give a glass of water. Call a POISON CENTRE or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Eye: If in eyes, hold eyes open, flush with running water for at least 15 minutes and see a doctor. Skin: If skin or hair contact occurs, immediately remove any contaminated clothing and wash skin and hair thoroughly with running water. If swelling, redness, blistering or irritation occurs seek medical assistance. Inhaled: Remove from contaminated area – avoid becoming a casualty. Allow patient to assume most comfortable position and keep warm. Apply artificial respiration if not breathing. Seek medical advice. For Fire: If involved in a fire use alcohol resistant foam. If unavailable, use standard foam or dry agents. Avoid breathing products of combustion. For Spills: Clear area of all unprotected personnel. Slippery when spilt. Wear protective equipment. Absorb with sand or soil. Collect and seal in properly labelled drums. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local, regional, national and international regulations.
- Gloss Level
- Ultra Matt