Create a cosy, sophisticated vibe with cool greys and warm accents
This trend is all about laid-back sophistication and simplicity. Think uncomplicated design, combined with pale grey and accents of rust, grey green and terracotta.
The cool, natural tones of this palette sit wonderfully alongside warm whites such as Dulux Remuera. If you’re cautious about adding colour, start small by adding colour accents in unexpected spots such as behind shelving, around window frames or on a door as a feature.
Colours displayed should be used as a guide for your colour selection. To ensure best accuracy, test your colour choice at home by ordering Dulux Sample Pots and Large Colour Swatches.
Use raw, matt finishes and textured effects to add depth and natural appeal
Combine cushions and throws in a mixture of different materials for a relaxed, yet luxurious and inviting feel.
Pair simple furniture with minimalist lines and accessories in untreated timber, leather and brass for an understated, luxe look.
Styling tips from Bree Leech, Creative Consultant and Stylist for Dulux
- A warm white and grey scheme pairs beautifully with other soft organic shades such as buttery tan, sand and green grey.
- Add colour, such as dusty pink, terracotta or inky blue to create a focal point in a room or draw attention to interesting architectural features such as architraves or a beautiful ceiling rose.
- A textured wall finish, such as Dulux Design Suede Effect, will add depth and interest to your scheme.
- Accessorise with furniture crafted from simple shapes in raw timber, natural stone and leather.
- Incorporate textiles and ceramics with raw edges and hand-finished detailing.