Download the project guide
Enter your details below to have the project guide sent straight to your inbox!
How to get the perfect look
What do you want the final result to look lie? Inspiration can come from anywhere. Try looking online and putting together a moodboard.
Use colour schemes from your research, or chat to us for help. Then trial your scheme using Dulux sample pots and A4 swatches.
Dulux Weathershield has been specially designed to provide a tough, hardwearing finish that provides protection from all weather conditions. Click here to order online for delivery to your door.
Colours displayed should be used as a guide for your colour selection. To ensure best accuracy, test your colour choice at home by ordering Dulux Sample Pots and lage colour swatches.
Time to paint
- Start by cutting in around the edges and hard to reach areas using Dulux
- Apply paint to the surface using short, horizontal brush strokes.
- Smooth over the wet painted section with long brush strokes. Do not reload the brush when you do this, a few strokes should be enough to smooth the surface.
- Repeat this process for the second coat. Allow to dry, then give the surface a light sand with 400 grit sandpaper and repeat for a second coat.
- If painting bare timber a third coat will need to be applied.