“This is my dream ‘room of one’s own’ a modern take on an elegant space for reading magazines, entertaining girlfriends and catching up on correspondence.
The slate floor suggests it’s in the formal part of the home, and the strong walls and ceiling colours provide an intimacy good for encouraging the sharing of secrets!
The bronze feature wall ups the glam factor, and the mix of furniture and accessories from the 50s to now keeps the feeling fresh and contemporary. Lighting would be hung low, and kept dim at all times."
Heather Nette King
- Create a sense of intimacy with low hung lighting and deep, moody colours.
- Be bold with your colour scheme by adding a dark ceiling colour to complete the look.
- Add a touch of glam using a precious metallic paint, like Dulux Gold Effect, on your feature wall. Up the opulence with glints of metallic throughout your space.
- For a fresh look, combine classic furniture styles with contemporary additions.
1. CC-Tapis SOIE A Rug by Patricia Urquiola, Loom Rugs 2. Pedrali Inox Round Side Table in Corten Finish, James Richardson 3. Modern Jewellery Candleholder Ladder, West Elm 4. 1970s Italian Armchair with Chrome Frame in Pink Velvet, Fenton & Fenton 5. Sculptural Hook, West Elm 6. 513 Riflesso Sideboard by Charlotte Perriand for Cassina, Space Furniture 7. Giorgetti Vanity and Rocco Vases, Space Furniture 8. Ferm Living Herman Chair in Rose/Rust, Designstuff 9. Roar & Rabbit Infinity Mirror Panel II, West Elm 10. Frandsen Grace Smoke Glass and Copper Pendant, Designstuff 11. Jonathan Adler Bond Desk, Coco Republic 12. Ardesia Shiraz Honed Slate Tiles, Byzantine Design