DULUX Aquanamel Low Sheen is a premium quality water based interior acrylic enamel, that dries to a tough finish. Click here to order online for delivery to your door.
- Water based
- Resists marking
- Hard wearing and scuff resistant
- Non Yellowing
- Ease of application, quick drying, clean up in water
- Most marks can be removed with common household cleaners
- Use on walls, doors, architraves and skirting boards
- Environmental Choice approved
- Made in New Zealand
Product code: 544
Dulux Aquanamel Low Sheen can be applied on properly prepared and primed / undercoated paper faced wallboard, cement bricks, set plaster, fibrous plaster, bare timber and previously painted surfaces, or where a durable mark and moisture resistant finish is required.
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES Wash down with sugar soap and rinse with clean water to remove any dirt, oil or grease. Scrape and sand any loose, peeling or flakingpaint. Fill any cracks with a suitable filler. Sand gloss and semi gloss finishes to allow a sound surface before top coating. Dust off then apply one coat of Dulux Prepcoat Acrylic Sealer Undercoat to any areas which have been repaired or which have an uneven gloss level. Apply one coat of Dulux Prepcoat Acrylic Primer Sealer Undercoat or Dulux 1 Step Water Based to any areas of bare timber. | BARE PAPERFACED WALLBOARD, CEMENT & BRICK Brush down to remove any surface dust. Apply one coat of Dulux Prepcoat Acrylic Sealer Undercoat. | BARE SET PLASTER & FIBROUS PLASTER Brush down to remove any surface dust. For best results apply one coat of Dulux Prepcoat Sealer Binder. | BARE TIMBER Sand smooth. Dust off. Apply one coat of Dulux Prepcoat Acrylic Primer Undercoat or Dulux 1 Step Water Based | NB: All sanding dusts can be harmful and appropriate protection should be worn. In particular, dusts from old lead or chromate based paints or old asbestos containing building materials can be harmful to health if inhaled or ingested. Seek expert advice if the presence of these materials is suspected.
- Application Method
- Brush, roller, conventional and airless spray
- Clean Up Type
- How to Apply
- Stir contents thoroughly before and during use with a broad flat stirrer using an upward lifting action. Apply two coats of Dulux Aquanamel Low Sheen ensuring that the first coat is completely dry before applying the second. Thinning is not normally required, but if the conditions are hot and windy, up to 50mL per litre of Dulux Hot Weather Thinners may be added to ease application. , Brush / Roller : Apply a full even coat direct from the can. Pre wet brushes and rollers with water before commencing application. Avoid excessive brushing or rolling back into the paint which has been drying for more than three minutes. Poor quality or worn brushes and rollers can affect the final finish achieved. , Conventional / Airless Spray : Suitable for application by conventional or airless spray equipment. Up to 100mL per litre of water may beadded for application by conventional spray and up to 30mL per litre of water for airless spray to aid atomisation.
- Where to Use
- Doors, architraves, timber trim,walls and skirting boards
- Clean Up
- Clean all equipment with water
- Environmental Certifications
- Environmental Choice New Zealand Licensed. Complies with the requirements for the Applied Coatings credits in Green Star New Zealand rating tools.