How to get the perfect look
What do you want the final result to look lie? Inspiration can come from anywhere. Try looking online and putting together a moodboard.
Use colour schemes from your research, or chat to us for help. Then trial your scheme using Dulux sample pots and large swatches.
Time to paint
- Start by using a pencil and string to create a compass and draw out the circle size you want as your feature.
- Cut in the circle using a small art brush then fill in the middle.
- For the rest of the wall, cut in around the edges and hard to reach areas with a brush using Dulux Weathershield.
- Using a 18 nap roller, load in the tray with a reasonable amount of paint.
- Start rolling the wall in an ‘M’ pattern. Continue over the same section until the wall is evenly covered. Roll up to area of 1m2 size or paint wall in sections.
- Before the paint starts to dry, using an unloaded roller, begin in the top left corner of your wall and gently let the roller roll down to the base in a straight line with no pressure. Repeat this action only this time, slightly overlap your last movement so your roller rubs away the line created by the previous stroke. Continue this across the painted area. This is called laying off.
- Once the first coat is dry, repeat the total process again with a second coat.