- Cures in temperatures down to 2°C
- Self-priming on most surfaces
- Touch dry 1 hour; 4 hour recoat
- Water-based; 100% acrylic exterior paint with Dulux MaxiFlex Stretch Technology.
- Coverage approx.. 16m²/L
- Low Sheen, Semi Gloss and Gloss
- Ideal for keeping painting projects progressing during winter or in cooler conditions
- Faster drying and re-coat times to deliver Weathershield performance in lower temperatures
- Excellent exterior durability and tough, flexible finish for long life protection of the home against all New Zealand weather conditions
- New formula performance guaranteed for as long as you live in your home with The Dulux Promise*
Product code: 55104912
Use Weathershield +Plus Winterlock over most exterior surfaces including dressed and rough sawn timber, bricks, concrete, fibre cement board, masonry, suitably prepared Zincalume and galvanised iron.
- Use Weathershield +Plus Winterlock over most exterior surfaces including dressed and rough sawn timber, bricks, concrete, fibre cement board, masonry, suitably prepared Zincalume and galvanised iron.
- Weathershield, Weathershield +Plus
- Interior or Exterior
- Self-priming on most surfaces, including dressed and rough sawn timber, fibre cement, masonry and (cured) concrete.
- Application Method
- Brush, roller, conventional and airless spray
- Clean Up Type
- How to Prepare
- PAINTED AND PRE-PRIMED SURFACES Test if surface is sound. Scrape off all loose and flaking paint. Fill any cracks or holes with a suitable filler. Sand all surfaces to a flat finish and remove greyed timber. Dust off. For pre-primed surfaces call Dulux Customer Service for further advice. TIMBER Fill nail holes with a flexible, exterior grade woodfiller. Sand all dressed timber. GALVANISED IRON Clean with Scotch-Brite® and sugar soap solution. Thoroughly hose off. For buildings within 1km of the sea, apply 1 coat of Dulux PRECISION® All Metal Primer. For galvanised iron roofs use Dulux Roof & Trim. ZINCALUME Clean with sugar soap solution. Thoroughly hose off. For buildings within 1km of the sea, apply 1 coat of Dulux PRECISION All Metal Primer. For Zincalume roofs use Dulux Roof & Trim. STEEL/WROUGHT IRON Remove all rust by scraping, sanding or wire brushing. Apply 2 coats of Dulux PRECISION All Metal Primer. BRICK, MASONRY, FIBRO & FIBRE CEMENT BOARD Unpainted masonry surfaces should be cured for 28 days before painting. Ensure surface is sound1 and clear of any loose sand or cement. Fill holes with grouting cement. Wash down with water using a stiff brush to remove all loose material. To remove any efflorescence (white salts) wipe down with a 5% solution of acetic acid (white vinegar). Hose down and allow to dry. Wash with a bleach solution and/or demossing chemical to remove mould or mildew. Then hose down.
- How to Apply
- Surface must be clean, dry and free from dust, oils and grease. Stir well with a broad flat paddle using an up and down scooping action. Apply 2 generous coats of Dulux Weathershield +Plus Winterlock. Apply 3 coats on all unpainted surfaces.
- Gloss Level
- Touch Dry
- 1 hour
- Re-Coat Time
- 4 hours
- Storage and Disposal
- DISPOSAL Unused paint: Do not pour leftover paint down the drain. Unwanted paint should be brushed out on newspaper and allowed to dry, and then disposed of via domestic waste collections. Empty paint containers: Should be left open in a well-ventilated area to dry out. When dry, recycle the container via recycling programs. Disposal of empty paint containers via domestic recycling programs may differ between local authorities. Check with your local council first. For more information on responsible disposal of paint and packaging visit painttakeback.co.nz DO NOT REUSE CONTAINER.
- Clean Up
- Safety Directions
- SAFETY DIRECTIONS Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin and eyes or breathing vapour and spray mist. Wear waterproof gloves and safety glasses. Use only in well ventilated areas. Wash hands after use. Store in a cool place and out of direct sunlight.
- Warranty Information
- *THE DULUX PROMISE Guaranteed for as long as you live in your house. We guarantee, as long as Weathershield is applied in accordance with the instructions for use, Weathershield will not PEEL, FLAKE or BLISTER for as long as you are living in your house. If it doesn’t deliver, we will replace the product free of charge. This guarantee does not cover paint failure caused by any breakdown of coatings applied previously, where Weathershield is applied over coatings not specified by Dulux or in the event of substrate failure. For residential work only. For commercial work refer to duspec.com.au in AU or duspec.co.nz in NZ. To claim you must be living in the house you have painted with Weathershield. The warranty above applies for as long as you live in your house from the date of purchase. If the product does not perform as specified, we will replace the goods free of charge. To make a claim under the warranty, please contact Dulux using the details shown and provide details of your claim. You must show proof of purchase and bear all expenses incurred in making a claim. The benefits of this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under any applicable law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the relevant consumer law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.