- Formulated with zinc phosphate
- Very Good Corrosion Protection
- Fast Drying
- Excellent Adhesion
- Available in 500ml, 1L, 4L
- Available in Grey base
- Fast drying
- Ideal primer for Metalshield topcoats on a wide range of metal substrates
Product code: 366H0070
Metalshield All Surface Primer is a single pack, fast drying, zinc phosphate primer. The anti-corrosive primer provides superior adhesion propertiesmaking it the preferred primer for paint systems in mild corrosive environments. Metalshield All Surface Primer can be used over suitably preparedfibreglass, ferrous and non ferrous metals including mild steel, aluminium and galvanized steel. Typical areas of application include structural frames andtrusses for factories and warehouses, farm equipment and other light fabricated steelwork.
NOTE: Ensure the surface has thoroughly dried prior to application. Commercial applications may require additional surface preparation. AGED/LIGHTLY RUSTED SURFACES: Remove any rust by scraping, sanding or wire brushing. Wipe surface with Metalshield Brush Thinner to remove any residual grease, oils and dirt. NEW BARE STEEL/WROUGHT IRON: Wipe surface with Metalshield Brush Thinner to remove any residual grease, oils and dirt. GALVANISED IRON/ZINCALUME: Clean surface with sugar soap and a Scotch-Brite Pad to remove any grease, oils and dirt. Rinse with clean water. ALUMINIUM, COPPER, BRASS AND STAINLESS STEEL: Clean surface with sugar soap and a Scotch-Brite Pad to remove any grease, oils and dirt. Rinse with clean water.
- Metal, Steel, Wrought iron, Galvanised steel, Zincalume, Aluminium, Copper, Brass
- Specialty, Preparation
- Window frame, Lacework, Fence, Steel post, Letterbox
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Conventional spray and HVLP spray
- Clean Up Type
- Clean Up
- Clean all equipment with Acetone or Dulux Urethane Thinner (Prothinner 800) immediately after use.