- Self-priming on most surfaces.
- The Dulux Promise. Guaranteed for as long as you are living in your house*.
- UV Protection
- Ultimate hiding power
- Available in 4L, 10L
- Two coat coverage over any colour
- High performance colour durability
- Helps resist mould, dirt and stains
Product code: 601D0070
Use on exterior surfaces including timber, bricks, decking, concrete board, masonry, Zincalume®, galvanised iron and suitably prepared steel and wrought iron.
- Wall, Furniture, Window, Trim, Fretwork, Awning, Gutter, Column, Window frame, Door, Architrave, Balustrade, Cabinet, Decking
- Weathershield +PLUS
- Apartment building, Cladding
- Application Method
- Brush, roller, spray
- Clean Up Type
- How to Prepare
Painted and pre-primed surfaces: Test if surface is sound. Scrape off all loose and flaking paint. Fill any cracks or holes with a suitable filler. Sand all surfaces to a flat finish and remove greyed timber. Dust off. For pre-primed surfaces, call Dulux Help & Advice on 13 25 25.
Timber: Fill nail holes with a flexible, exterior grade wood filler. Sand all dressed timber.
Galvanised iron and Zicalume®: Clean with Scotch-Brite® and sugar soap solution. Thoroughly hose off. For buildings within 1km of the sea, apply 1 coat of Dulux All Metal Primer. For galvanised iron or Zincalume® roofs, use Dulux Roof & Trim™.
Steel/Wrought Iron: Remove all rust by scraping, sanding or wire brushing. Apply 2 coats of Dulux PRECISION® All Metal Primer.
Brick, Masonry, Fibro & Fibre Cement Board: Unpainted masonry surfaces should be cured for a minimum of 28 days before painting. Ensure surface is sound and clear of any loose sand or cement. Fill holes with grouting cement. Wash down with water using a stiff brush to remove all loose material. To remove any efflorescence (white salts) wipe down with a 5% solution of acetic acid (white vinegar). Hose down & allow to dry.
Dulux recommends out Dulux AcraTex® range of high build, full acrylic systems for optimum crack bridging performance over new bare cement render.
- How to Apply
- Stir well with a broad flat paddle using an up and down scooping action. Apply 2 generous coats of Dulux Weathershield +Plus Super Hide. Apply 3 coats on all unpainted surfaces. Work quickly from an unpainted area into a wet area to minimise brush marks. When applying on very porous surfaces, thin the first coat with up to 100mL of water per litre. When painting windows, use sparingly on contact areas. Open windows within 30 minutes and again 2 or 3 times in the first 24 hours.
- Storage and Disposal
- Unused paint: Do not pour leftover paint down the drain. Unwanted paint should be brushed out on newspaper and allowed to dry, and then disposed of via domestic waste collections. Empty paint containers: Should be left open in a well ventilated area to dry out. When dry, recycle the container via steel can recycling programs. Disposal of empty paint containers via domestic recycling programs may differ between local authorities. Check with your local council first. For more information on responsible disposal of paint and packaging visit paintback.com.au
- Clean Up
- Safety Directions
- Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin and eyes or breathing vapour and spray mist (dust). Wear waterproof gloves and safety glasses. Use only in well ventilated areas. Wash hands after use.
- First Aid
If poisoning occurs, contact a Doctor or Poisons Information Centre (Phone 0800 764 766). If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
SWALLOWED: If swallowed, rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Give a glass of water. Call a POISON CENTRE or doctor/physician if you feel unwell.
Eye: If in eyes, hold eyes open, flush with running water for at least 15 minutes and see a doctor.
Skin: If skin or hair contact occurs, immediately remove any contaminated clothing and wash skin and hair thoroughly with running water. If swelling, redness, blistering or irritation occurs seek medical assistance.
Inhaled: Remove from contaminated area. Allow patient to assume most comfortable position and keep warm. Apply artificial respiration if not breathing. Seek medical advice.
For Fire: If involved in a fire use alcohol resistant foam. If unavailable, use standard foam or dry agents. Avoid breathing products of combustion.
For Spills: Clear area of all unprotected personnel. Slippery when spilt. Wear protective equipment. Absorb with sand or soil. Collect and seal in properly labelled drums. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local, regional, national and international regulations.
- Gloss Level
- Low Sheen 5-20
- Warranty Information
- Refer to product label for full conditions. This guarantee does not limit and may not necessarily exceed your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
- Not all sizes are available in all bases. Please check your local stockist for details.