- Water based
- 100% acrylic paint
- Self priming on most surfaces
- 10 Year Guarantee*
- Same day recoat and easy clean up
- No primer/sealer required on timber to prevent staining
- Apply direct onto most bare surfaces
- Long lasting
Product code: 554
Use Dulux Timbacryl over dressed and rough sawn timbers, pergolas, decking, fences, fascia boards, timber furniture, bricks, masonry, fibre cement sheeting, Zincalume® & galvanised iron.
PRE-PRIMED TIMBER &: PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES Occasionally an apparently sound old paint will lose adhesion when recoated, particularly if the new paint is darker in colour. To avoid this, check the adhesion of the old paint by cutting an 'X' through a clean area of the film with a sharp knife, press cellulose tape firmly across the cut and rip it off. If the old paint comes off with the tape it should be removed before repainting. Scrape off all loose and flaking paint. Fill any cracks or holes with a suitable filler. Sand all surfaces to a flat finish and remove greyed timber. Dust off. Spot prime any bare areas with Dulux Timbacryl. Apply two generous coats of Dulux Timbacryl.
TIMBER Fill nail holes with a flexible, exterior grade woodfiller. Sand all dressed timber. Apply 3 coats of Dulux Timbacryl.
BRICK, MASONRY, FIBRO & FIBRE CEMENT BOARD Unpainted masonry surfaces should be cured for 28 days before painting. Ensure surface is sound and clear of any loose sand or cement. Fill holes with a grouting cement. Wash down with water using a stiff brush to remove all loose material. To remove any efflorescence (white slats) wipe down with a 5% solution of acetic acid (white vinegar). Hose down and allow to dry. Wash with a bleach solution and/or demossing chemical to remove mould, or moss. The hose down. Apply 3 coats of Dulux Timbacryl.
GALVANISED IRON Clean with a Scotch-Brite® nylon pad and sugar soap solution. Thoroughly hose off. Apply 1 coat of Dulux All Metal Primer.
PLASTIC SPOUTING & DOWNPIPES Sand all surfaces and dust off.
STEEL/WROUGHT IRON Remove all rust by scraping, sanding or wire brushing. Apply 2 coats of Dulux All Metal Primer.
- Clean Up
- Clean all equipment with water.
- Environmental Certifications
- Environmental Choice New Zealand Licensed. Complies with the requirements for the Applied Coatings credits in Green Star New Zealand rating tools.
- Warranty Information
- *Refer to product label for full conditions. This guarantee does not limit and may not necessarily exceed your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.