Feature wall ideas
The Dulux Design Effects Collection has a wide range of textures and effects to help create your own design statement. The options are endless!
What you will need
Now it's time to head to the store to pick up everything you need.
- Your selected Dulux Design Effects Collection paint for your feature wall
- Dulux Wash&Wear in your chosen sheen and colour
for your other walls
- Undercoat/stain blocker (if required)
- For Wash&Wear, high quality synthetic brush for cutting in
- For Wash&Wear, medium nap (10 -18mm) synthetic roller
- Paint pot – for cutting in
- Roller tray
- Roller extension pole
- Drop sheets
- Painter’s tape
- Refer to the Dulux Design Effects Collection label and How To Videos for the specific application tools you will need. This will depend on the effect you want to achieve
(e.g. roller, large brush, sea sponge, muslin rag).
Time to paint
You're ready to paint. Follow these steps to get the best result.
- First step is to follow the preparation steps in the prep guide.
- For the Design Effects Collection product on your feature wall, follow the instructions on the label and in the How To Videos on the Dulux website. The application instruction differ for each product, and there are many ways you can apply each product depending on the look you want to achieve.
- Trial your effect on a large piece of board to ensure you achieve the finish you are after.
- Once you are happy with the finish, apply the Design Effects Collection product on your feature wall, following the instructions on the label.
- For the Wash&Wear walls, follow the instructions on page 4 of this guide.
- Lastly, stand back and admire your handy work. Well done!