Your Shopping List
- Dulux® Weathershield® Low Sheen in your chosen colour
- High quality synthetic brush for cutting in
- Medium nap (10-18mm) synthetic roller
- Dulux Aquanamel® Semi Gloss in your chosen colour
- Dulux 1Step® Prep
- Short nap (5-10mm) synthetic roller
- Dulux Duramax® in your chosen sheen and colours
General Painting Supplies
- Paint pot – for cutting in
- Roller tray
- Roller extension pole
- Drop sheets
- Painter’s masking tape
Time to Paint
- Ensure the surface has been properly prepared prior to starting to paint. Follow the label on the can for more information.
- Start by cutting in around the edges of the wall with a brush – these are areas the roller cannot easily reach.
- Load the roller in the tray with a reasonable amount of paint.
- Start rolling the wall in an ‘M’ pattern. Continue over the same section until the wall is evenly covered. Roll up to area of 1m2 size or paint wall in sections.
- Before paint starts to dry, using an unloaded roller, begin in the top left corner of your wall and gently let the roller roll down to the base in a straight line with no pressure. A lightness of touch will prevent new roller marks from forming. Repeat this action only this time, slightly overlap your last movement so your roller rubs away the line created by the previous stroke. Continue this across the area you have painted. This is called laying off.
- Once the first coat is dry, repeat the total process again with a second coat. A third coat may be required depending on surface and colour selected.
Table & Bench Seats
- Ensure all surfaces are prepared thoroughly. If painting a new timber surface, prime with Dulux 1Step Prep.
- Start by cutting in around the edges of the piece of furniture.
- Apply Dulux Aquanamel to the surface using short, horizontal brush strokes.
- Once you’ve completed an area, while paint is still wet, lightly smooth over the painted section with long brush strokes. Do not reload the brush when you do this, a few strokes should be enough to smooth the surface.
- Allow 2 hours to dry, then give the surface a light sand with 400 grit sandpaper.
- Repeat above steps for a second coat.
- Ensure all surfaces are prepared thoroughly and you've protected any surrounding areas from overspray.
- Apply Dulux Duramax Go Go Blue gloss in multiple light, mist coats.
- After spraying, prevent blocking by flipping the can upside down and spraying until clear gas emerges. Always wipe the front of the nozzle clean.
- Now, admire your transformation! Great job!