How to get the perfect look
What do you want the final result to look lie? Inspiration can come from anywhere. Try looking online and putting together a moodboard.
Use colour schemes from your research, or chat to us for help. Then trial your scheme using Dulux sample pots and large colour swatches.
Dulux Weathershield has been specially designed to provide a tough, hardwearing finish that provides protection from all weather conditions. Click here to order online for delivery to your door.
Colours displayed should be used as a guide for your colour selection. To ensure best accuracy, test your colour choice at home by ordering Dulux Sample Pots and large colour swatches.
Time to paint
- Start by following these preparation steps for your surface.
- Cut in around the edges of the wall with a brush — these are areas the roller
cannot easily reach.
- Using an 18 nap roller, load the tray with a reasonable amount of paint.
- Start rolling the wall in an ‘M’ pattern. Continue over the same section until the wall is evenly covered. Roll up to the area of 1m2 size or paint wall in sections.
- Before paint starts to dry, using an unloaded roller, begin in the top left corner of your wall and gently let the roller roll down to the base in a straight line with no pressure. A lightness of touch will prevent new roller marks from forming. Repeat this action only this time, slightly overlap your last movements so your roller rubs away the line created by the previous stroke. Continue this across the area you have painted. This is called laying off.
- Once the first coat is dry, repeat the total process again with a second coat.