Blistering caused by hydrostatic pressure

Find out more about issues and solutions to blistering caused by Hydrostatic pressure.

Paint adhesion loss

Find out more about paint adhesion loss and how to prevent and resolve these issues.


'Efflorescence' is the term most commonly used to describe the deposit of crusty white mineral salts that appear on a masonry surface (concrete, render, brick or mortar)...

Burnishing or marring

Marring is the term commonly used to describe shiny patches or polished areas that become evident when painted surfaces have been subjected to abrasion, possibly caused by cleaning or scrubbing to remove...

Colour fading

'Fading' is defined in AS/NZS 2310:2002 'Glossary of paint and painting terms' as 'The loss of colour of one or more of the colour pigments within the paint film'.

Yellowing of enamels

'Yellowing' is the term most commonly used to describe the discoloration effect that occurs naturally on ageing, when an alkyd (oil-based) enamel paint is used indoors.


'Chalking' is defined as the appearance of a loosely adherent fine powder on the surface of a paint film, arising from the degradation of one or more of its constituents.

Opacity of whites

'Opacity' is the term most commonly used to describe the ability of

Blistering of exterior decorative paints

'Blistering' is the formation of 'bubbles' in the exterior decorative paint film,