- Easy to apply by brush, roller, conventional or airless spray
- Zinc phosphate pigmentation
- High build formulation
- Can be topcoated with a wide range of coating types.
- Good corrosion protection
- High build formula provides superior protection at edges
- Good abrasion resistance
Product code: 78052033
Primer for the protection of steel against corrosion. Generally used as part of a protective coating system in: chemical plants, coal wash plants, commercial developments, conveyors, factories, mining, paper mills, power generation plants, rail infrastructure, ship loaders, sugar refineries.
Round off all rough welds and sharp edges, and remove weld spatter. Degrease by detergent wash according to AS1627.1. For all structural and decorative steel, abrasive blast clean to AS1627.4 Class 2.5. Remove all dust. Apply first coat before surface deterioration occurs.
- Steel, Galvanised steel, Aluminium
- Structural steel
- Manufacturing facility
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Airless spray, Conventional Spray
- Epoxy coatings may yellow with time. On exterior exposure some chalking may also occur. This will not detract from the protective properties of the coating. Use a weatherable topcoat if required for appearance.
- Heat Resistance
- Up to 120°C dry heat.
- Water Resistance
- Excellent resistance to fresh and salt water when suitable topcoated
- Abrasion Resistance
- Good when fully cured.
- Solvent Resistance
- Resists splash and spillage of most hydrocarbon solvents, refined petroleum products and most common alcohols.
- Acid Resistance
- Suitable for splash and spillage of mild acids.
- Alkaline Resistance
- Suitable for splash and spillage of strong alkali.
- Salt Resistance
- Excellent resistance to neutral and alkaline salt solutions.
New steel: Abrasive blast AS1627.4 Class 2.5. Typical system: 1 x Duremax GPE ZP @ 125 microns + 1 x Weathermax HBR @100 microns.