- Wide range of colours available from the ColorFast® tint system
- Fast Cure hardener and Quickturn hardener available
- Good abrasion resistance
- Excellent primer/finish on all internal steel
- Compatible over most types of properly applied & tightly adhering coatings
- Potable water approval
- Ease of application - Spray, Brush, Roller
Product code: 780
Intermediate coat for barrier protection against corrosion. Typically used on: chemical plants, coal wash plants, fresh water immersion, saltwater immersion, offshore structures, oil refineries, ship loaders.
Round off all rough welds and sharp edges, and remove weld spatter. Degrease by detergent wash according to AS1627.1. For all structural and decorative steel, abrasive blast clean to a minimum AS1627.4 Class 2.5. Remove all dust. Apply first coat before surface deterioration occurs.
- Steel, Galvanised steel, Concrete, Aluminium
- Structural steel, Potable water tank lining
- Application Method
- Roller, Brush, Airless spray, Conventional Spray
- Epoxy coatings may yellow with time. On exterior exposure some chalking may also occur. This will not detract from the protective properties of the coating. Use a weatherable topcoat if required for appearance.
- Heat Resistance
- Up to 120°C dry heat.
- Water Resistance
- Excellent resistance to fresh and salt water. Factory packaged colours (excluding those containing aluminium) are suitable for immersion.
- Abrasion Resistance
- Good when fully cured.
- Solvent Resistance
- Resists splash and spillage of most hydrocarbon solvents, refined petroleum products and most common alcohols.
- Acid Resistance
- Suitable for splash and spillage of mild acids. Aluminium containing colours are not suitable for acidic conditions.
- Alkaline Resistance
- Suitable for splash and spillage of strong alkali.
- Salt Resistance
- Excellent resistance to neutral and alkaline salt solutions.
New Steel: Abrasive blast clean AS1627.4 Class 2.5. Typical System: 1 x Zincanode 402 @ 75 microns + 1 x Duremax GPE @ 200 microns + 1 x Weathermax HBR @100 microns.
- Clean Up
- Clean all equipment with Dulux Epoxy Thinner (920-08925) or Duthin 450 (920-81942) immediately after use.