Dulux® Weathershield® ColourGuard® has been specially formulated for superior colour fade resistance. It contains heavy duty reflective pigments, making it last up to twice as long as traditional premium exterior paints. Click here to read the ColourGuard presenter.
- Contains heavy duty reflective pigments for superior colour fade resistance
- Self-priming on most surfaces
- Helps resist mould, dirt and stains
- UV Protection
- Colours last up to 2x as long as traditional premium exterior paints
- Tintable to a special range of Dulux® Colours of New Zealand® and Colorsteel® colours
- Long life protection from all weather conditions
Product code: 601D0155
Exterior surfaces such as timber, bricks, concrete, fibre cement board, masonry, Zincalume® steel, Colorbond®, Colorsteel®, galvanized iron and suitably prepared steel and wrought iron.
- Approx. 14m2 per Litre. It is critical to meet the required film builds to ensure maximum durability.
- Wall, Door, Eave, Fence, Fretwork, Gable, Gutter, Window, Balustrade, Shade Grill, Handrail, Fascia, Column, Awning, Cladding, Steelwork, Veranda, Pergola
- Wall, Gate, Handrail, Window frame, Awning, Timber, Downpipe, Lacework, Steelwork, Weatherboard, Cladding, Veranda, Gutter, Architrave, Letterbox, Trim, Eave, Column, Fascia, Panelling, Fence, Balustrade, Door, Pergola, Shed
- Apartment building, Residential property, Cladding, Outdoor, Apartment Building, Office
- Interior or Exterior
- Application Method
- Brush, roller, conventional and airless spray
- Clean Up Type
- How to Prepare
- PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES Test if surface is sound by cutting a small X through the existing paint with a sharp blade, press cellulose tape firmly across the cut and then rip off the tape. If the paint comes off, it is unsound and should be removed. Repeat at random in a number of areas to test the surface. Clean with Dulux Prep Wash. Scrape off all loose and flaking paint. Fill any cracks or holes with a suitable exterior filler. Dulux recommends Selleys products. Sand all surfaces to a flat finish and remove greyed timber. Dust off. PRE-PRIMED TIMBER/FIBRE CEMENT Preparation can vary depending on the quality and condition of the substrate. For help and advice call NZ 0800 800 424 BARE (UNPAINTED) TIMBER Fill nail holes with a flexible, exterior grade wood filler. Dulux recommends Selleys products. Sand all dressed timber and remove greyed timber. For hardwoods, apply 1 coat of Dulux 1Step prepcoat for improved resistance to cracking. BARE BRICK, MASONRY, FIBRO & FIBRE CEMENT BOARD Unpainted masonry surfaces should be cured for 28 days before painting. Ensure surface is clean and clear of any loose sand or cement. Fill holes with grouting cement. Wash down with water using a stiff brush to remove all loose material. To remove any efflorescence (white salts) wipe down with a 5% solution of acetic acid (white vinegar). Hose down and allow to dry. Wash with a bleach solution and/or demossing chemical to remove mould or moss, then hose down. GALVANISED IRON Clean with a scouring pad and Selleys Sugar Soap solution. Thoroughly hose off. For surfaces within 1km of the sea, and some bases, apply one coat of Dulux Precision All Metal Primer. COLORBOND & COLORSTEEL Preparation requirements can vary depending on the condition of the substrate. For help and advice call NZ 0800 800 424. ZINCALUME STEEL Clean with Selleys Sugar Soap solution. Thoroughly hose off. For surfaces within 1km of the sea, and some bases, apply one coat of Dulux Precision All Metal Primer. STEEL/WROUGHT IRON Remove all rust by scraping, sanding or wire brushing. Apply 2 coats of Dulux Precision All Metal Primer.
- How to Apply
- 1. Stir well with a broad, flat paddle using an up and down scooping action. 2. All bare (unpainted) surfaces require 3 coats. Use either a suitable primer and 2 topcoats or 3 coats of Dulux Weathershield ColourGuard. Where ColourGuard highly contrasts with the undercoat or previous colour an additional coat of ColourGuard may be required. 3. Allow 2 hours between coats.
- Where to Use
- Exterior surfaces such as timber, bricks, concrete, fibre cement board, masonry, Zincalume steel, Colorbond, Colorsteel, galvanized iron and suitably prepared steel and wrought iron
- Gloss Level
- Low sheen
- Touch Dry
- 20 minutes
- Re-Coat Time
- 2 hours
- Dry Film Thickness
- Wet Film Thickness
- Storage and Disposal
- Do not pour leftover paint down the drain. Unwanted paint should be brushed out on newspaper and allowed to dry and then disposed of via domestic waste collections. Empty paint containers should be left open in a well-ventilated area to dry out. When dry, recycle the container via steel can recycling programs. Disposal of empty paint containers via domestic recycling programs may differ between local authorities. Check with your local council first. Do not reuse container unless thoroughly decontaminated. For more information on responsible disposal of paint and packaging visit paintback.com.au or painttakeback.co.nz
- Clean Up
- Safety Directions
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid breathing dust, fumes, gas, mist, vapour or spray. Wear overalls, safety shoes, impervious gloves and safety glasses. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Wash hands after use. Keep containers closed when not in use.
- First Aid
- If poisoning occurs, contact a Doctor or Poisons Information Centre (Phone Australia 131 126; New Zealand 0800 764 766). If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. SWALLOWED: If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting. Give a glass of water. Seek medical advice. EYE: If in eyes, hold eyes open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and see a doctor. SKIN: If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. If irritation occurs seek medical advice. INHALED: Remove from contaminated area. Seek medical advice.
- Warranty Information
- Formulated with MaxiFlex® Technology to expand and contract with the surface, Dulux guarantees Weathershield ColourGuard won't peel, flake or blister for as long as you live in your home.