- Low Sheen Finish
- Single Pack Product
- Contains Anti Corrosive Pigment For Rust Prevention
- Touchup Spraypacks Available
- High Build For Greater Protection
- Rapid Drying & Overcoat For Fast Turn Around
Product code: 36687300
Primer for moderate protection of steel against corrosion. Generally used as part of a protective coating system in: farm and factory machinery and equipment, internal steel frames and trusses, miscellaneous metalwork.
Round off all rough welds, sharp edges and remove weld spatter. Remove grease, oil and other contaminants in accordance with AS1627.1. Rust, millscale, oxide deposits and old paint films on metal surfaces should be removed by hand or power tool (AS1627.2 St 3) cleaning as a minimum. Coating performance is proportional to the degree of surface preparation and abrasive blast cleaning to a minimum AS1627.4 Class 2) is preferred for external environments. Remove all dust by brushing or vacuum cleaning.
- Fence, Gate, Gutter, Downpipe, Internal steel frame, Truss
- Application Method
- Conventional or airless spray
- On exterior exposure some chalking may also occur. This will not detract from the protective properties of the coating. Use a weatherable topcoat if required for appearance.
- Heat Resistance
- Up to 95°C dry heat.
- Water Resistance
- Resists rain and condensation. Not recommended for permanently damp or immersed exposure.
- Abrasion Resistance
- Moderate when fully cured.
- Solvent Resistance
- Resists alcohol, mineral turpentine and similar solvents. Esters, ketones, ethers, chlorinated solvents or similar strong solvents are liable to attack the coating.
- Acid Resistance
- Acid Resistance Not recommended where fumes, splash or spillage may occur.
- Alkaline Resistance
- Alkaline Resistance Not recommended where fumes, splash or spillage may occur.
- Salt Resistance
- Salt Resistance Unaffected by splash and spillage of neutral salt solutions.
- Touch Dry
- 15 Minutes
- Re-Coat Time
*Overcoating can occur up to 2 hours after the initial application or after 12 hours. Failing to observe these limits may result in "frying". If in doubt test a small inconspicuous area first. Allow longer times under cold conditions.
Steel Mild environments (Exterior) Abrasive blast AS1627.4 Class 2 Typical System: 1 x Metalshield High Build ZP Primer @ 50 microns + 1 x Ferrodor 810 @ 50 microns